A lifestyle blog for those that love fashion and style, cooking and baking, event planning and entertaining, interior design and decor, and every little thing in between...

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

not your man's cuffs


Innovative. Chic. Sexy. Unique. Fun. BOLBACH cuffs are THE item to purchase right now (previously featured here). They are the seasons (and for many seasons to come) hottest accessory. Coming in a variety of colors, these cuffs can truly be worn with anything and on anyone. Jess Bolbach, the founder of this insanely hot brand, took me into the world of BOLBACH cuffs, and let me just tell you, I can't wait to start wearing these. 



From Prosecco to Plaid: What is a cuff from BOLBACH?
Jess Bolbach: Bolbach cuffs are an innovative take on the traditional menswear trend, the french cuff.  Inspiration behind the line was drawn from a fascination with  the timeless elegance of menswear; namely the french cuff in this case. No longer are cuffs and cufflinks only for men-- they are now an essential accessory for a woman's wardrobe as well.  All cuffs are reversible and made of genuine python skin and lambskin leather.  



P to P: What was your inspiration behind BOLBACH?
JB: It has been a dream of mine for as long as I can remember.  Not until some life changing events did I know this was what I was meant to do.  After my dad passed away in high school, I realized I had a mission, one that was further realized at Syracuse University when I studied Entrepreneurship. That on top of my love for classic pieces (i.e. menswear fashion) developed the concept of the women's cuff and cufflink. Bolbach is my last name and also is to honor my dad.



P to P: What was your inspiration behind the Spring collection?
JB: I wanted pieces that were bright, flirty and versatile.  I wanted things that would accent the season's top trends (like florals, neons, etc.)  



P to P: Which are your favorite cuffs?
JB: I am obsessed with layering these cuffs. The spring line is all about making it your own- all of the styles can actually be layered on top of one another so you have the ability ot create countless looks, and add to your collection throughout the season.  My favs: Gold Python Cuff with Purple Python Gold, Ring Cuff and logo cufflink, & Neon Pink Cuff. I also love the kids collection- they are so cute, and such a great way for kids to dress like their moms and share that special bond over fashion.



P to P: Describe different ways to wear the cuffs.
JB: All of the cuffs can be layered.  There is a section of the site called "Shop by Combo" which showcases our favorite combos that you can actually purchase so you don't have to pick and choose colors.  You can also create your own though! You can wear one on top of the other, wear different cuffs on each wrist, etc.  You can even wear them up higher on your arm to give a different look and pair it with bangles or a great watch.  The cuffs are sized to fit wrists 6.5", 7.5" and 8.5" so there is freedom to wear it different places on your wrist and even wear it over a long sleeved shirt while the seasons are still in transition.



Follow BOLBACH here
LIKE BOLBACH here



CLICK HERE to LIKE this blog on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment